- Information for poster/podium presenters
- Extended travel directions: how to get to Torun, getting around in Torun
The złoty (abbreviation: PLN/zł) is the official currency in Poland. The approximate average exchange rate (17 Jun 2017) is 4.20 PLN to 1 EUR (or 3.77 pln to 1 USD). The latest exchange rates for all major currencies are available here.
Please note that currency exchange rates at airports are typically much worse than in city centres.
Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted payment cards. Maestro cards are less widely accepted.
More useful information on the currency and payment cards can be found here.
Polish sockets are type E standard European sockets, with a voltage of 230 V/50Hz. Participants from most non-European countries, as well as the British Isles and Switzerland (also for some Italian appliances), will need a plug adapter: please check here.
In mid-April, the weather in Poland is generally hospitable although still unpredictable. The temperature is typically around 13-15 C (55 - 60 F) in the day but may still drop to close to 0 C on a colder night. April 2018 AccuWeather forecast.
Poland is a generally safe country with a low overall crime rate.
Baby care room at the venue
For attendees coming to the conference with children and families, Hotel Filmar will provide a parent and family room (room Flisak, 2nd floor) where children and their parents or caretakers can spend time during the conference. Note that this is not a childcare provision, i.e., children in this space must be supervised at all times.
- Tap water is potable in Toruń as well as in other major Polish cities.
- Tipping is rare in hotels. At restaurants it is relatively common, but not obligatory, to tip 10% for good service. More on tipping etiquette in Poland.
- Uber does not operate in Torun, but is available in larger cities such as Warsaw, Poznan or Gdansk.
- Stores will be closed on Sunday 15 April.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland offers a list of countries whose nationals DO NOT NEED A VISA to enter Poland. Nationals of countries not listed need to apply for a visa.
More on entering Poland: entry conditions, visa types. Please contact us by email if you need our assistance with the procedures.